RFQ for the Provision of Retail and Merchandise for the World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 202...
Main contract details
Liverpool City Council is undertaking a procurement exercise to identify and appoint a Retail and Merchandise Supplier to design, produce and supply a range of ethically sourced merchandise;
1. to be sold both on and offline,
2. used as prizes and gifts,
3. for use in marketing and communication campaigns.
The supplier will also be responsible for the retail of WGC2022 merchandise via various locations and will provide all infrastructure, staff, and manage cash handling on site.
The locations of these sites, (each marked with a gold star on the attached appendix, Merchandise Venue Overview) are allocated as:
- the Piazza,
- outside of the ACC Liverpool Venue,
- Hall A within the Exhibition centre which is the Fan Zone location for the event and any potential concourse spaces to be identified within the arena, which will be determined by WGC2022 and built into the event operations plan.
There may also be the opportunity to sell merchandise within Liverpool City Council’s assets and other relevant locations, such as the official Tourist Information Centre’s (TIC) on a ‘sale or return’ commission paid basis.
WGC2022 will advise of these opportunities as they arise. Branded merchandise to include the following items:
• T-shirts (male, female, unisex and children’s designs)
• Hoodies (male, female, unisex and children’s designs)
• Pins • Official Programme
• Water bottles depending on commercial sponsor
• String Bags/Tote Bags/Backpacks
• Mascot related items TBC Using the supplier’s industry knowledge, as part of the tender, WGC2022 welcomes feedback and recommendations around further merchandise products and designs which they feel will work and retail well for the Championships.
Note: Sport-specific items (e.g., leotards) may be sold separately by appointed retailers in agreement with British Gymnastics & WGC2022. WGC2022 may add additional stock to be sold by appointed retailer, dependent on commercial partnership outcomes at an agreed purchase/commission rate.
Please can suppliers include as part of their response, whether any items may be provided at no additional cost (e.g., branded workforce lanyards etc.), should they be successful.
All merchandise stock should be available to WGC2022 to purchase at the agreed wholesale price. The appointed supplier will hold exclusive rights to sell WGC2022 merchandise with the opportunity to sell merchandise within Liverpool City Council assets on a ‘sale or return’ commission paid basis. Exclusivity will not be extended to sport specific wear such as leotards. Closing date for submissions is 19th November 2021 at 9am.
Expression of interest window
From 05/11/2021 12:00 to 19/11/2021 09:00