PRJ1260 Homeless Outreach Project
Main contract details
The vision of the ICB is for a healthy and well population able to care for itself where possible, with joined up services that work together, provided around the whole person and focused on early intervention and prevention.
Improving health and care outcomes for the homeless population is a key priority of the ICB, the BHR places and Local Authorities. All are committed to addressing inequalities experienced by homeless people and transforming the way in which homeless health and care is delivered locally.
This service specification details the ICB’s commissioning intention for a single, integrated, proactive (including outreach), accessible model of care for homeless people, aligned with the strategies of the ICB and the London Boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge.
The intention is to commission a multidisciplinary model supporting integrated care. A concept central to effective care because many homeless people present with multiple health and care needs. Evidence shows using peer advocacy and a partnership approach to addressing health and care needs of homeless people improves the effectiveness of care delivery. Commissioners are keen to see whether an integrated multi-agency approach can lead to:
• More personalised care delivered in a patient appropriate manner / setting (outreach)
• A joined up service with record collection and information sharing between organisations
• Innovative approaches to the use of social prescribing to help address individual needs
• A focus on early intervention and prevention of ill health and health promotion
• A population health approach to service redesign and the development of new models of care
• Medicines optimisation and improved availability “right time” “right place” (practice/outreach)
• Better management of the continuing healthcare process and pathways
• Reduced overall impact on resources of the health and social care system
Expression of interest window
From 14/09/2023 09:00 to 05/10/2023 12:00