SPS2409 - Services for the Provision of Weed Control
Main contract details
Royal Borough Greenwich is seeking to commission a company which has the resources and expertise to provide a weed spraying service throughout the months of April – October for the period of this Contract (April 2022 – March 2025).
Royal Borough Greenwich aims to maintain the high quality of the environment throughout the whole borough. The cleanliness of our highways and estates is imperative to maintain the high standards we seek for those living and working in the borough, as well as visiting and travelling through the borough. To be able to maintain a consistent level of high standards, Streets Services sweep approximately 1550 (one thousand five hundred and fifty) linear kilometers of highway residential and town centre roads and a further 7 (seven) linear kilometers of River Pathway. This operation includes the removal of all weeds from these areas.
The work to be carried out refers to the total control of all vegetation growing in the hard surface area within the affected property identified by the Borough, which includes the following:
• The whole width of the footway to the kerb including to the rear of footways abutting brick, stone or other types of wall and the first 300mm of carriageway at the bottom of the kerb;
• hard areas of traffic islands, central reservations of carriageways, roundabouts (including kerbs) 300mm width of carriageway adjacent to the kerb, but excluding the remainder of the carriageways;
• hedge lines and garden boundaries;
• around the bases of street furniture;
• pedestrian precincts;
• footpaths / alleys / walkways / stepped areas that are part of the public highway/ public rights of way that are paved;
• service roads;
• grass verge edging.
The Contract period will to be for 3 years.
The terms and conditions of contract that have been published alongside this notice in the Invitation to tender (ITT) pack are subject to change. The evaluation criteria will
be based on the Most economically advantageous tender (MEAT).
Expression of interest window
From 18/10/2021 17:00 to 15/11/2021 11:00