G5674 - Healthwatch Tower Hamlets (HWTH)
Main contract details
The London Borough of Tower Hamlets is inviting tenders for the provision of a Healthwatch service in the borough from suitably qualified and experienced providers. The Authority is seeking to award a contract under the Light Touch Regime - Schedule 3 of the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 requires each local authority to have in place a local Healthwatch organisation
Tower Hamlets Council is committed to ensuring our local Healthwatch can be an effective consumer champion for our residents and make a difference through contributing and achieving improvements in the borough’s health and care system. The Council has agreed a refined service model for Healthwatch Tower Hamlets (HWTH) which draws on best practice and builds on the local achievements of our current provider.
Going forward, HWTH will:
• Carry out the statutory functions;
• Be a representative corporate body, embedded in local communities;
• Engage, involve and proactively reach out to the full range of diverse communities in Tower Hamlets, enabling residents to have their voices heard;
• Act as local consumer champion representing the collective voice of local people (meaning patients, service users, carers and the public), on the borough’s Health and Wellbeing Board;
• Develop robust partnerships with key health and social care stakeholders with a view of contributing towards positive outcomes for the residents
• Have real influence with commissioners, providers, regulators and Healthwatch England using their knowledge of what matters to local people; and
• Achieve tangible changes/ improvements (both small-scale and strategic) to local health and social services, through holding the system to account and identifying solutions to problems
The contract period is for 24 months with an option to extend for up to a further 24 months.
The anticipated contract start date is 1st April 2022.
Expression of interest window
From 29/10/2021 12:00 to 29/11/2021 12:00