Provision of befriending, peer support and community integration for people with learning disabiliti...
Main contract details
The Council of the London Borough of Redbridge (“the Authority”) are seeking Tenders from suitably
experienced and qualified organisations for the contract for the provision of a befriending, peer support
and community integration for people with learning disabilities.
The Contract shall commence on 1st October 2023 and shall continue up to and including 30th
September 2024 with an option to extend up to a further 24 months until 30th September 2026 (“the
The Service shall provide a Befriending, Peer Support and Community Integration Service for
People with Learning Disabilities within the London Borough of Redbridge, by helping them to
maintain their quality of life and enhance their capacity to maintain their health and wellbeing; reduce
social isolation and promote access to services and benefits available to carers. This service shall
Part A: Peer Support Scheme
• Develop a Peer Support Scheme to support service users and thereby providing minimum waged
employment opportunities for a minimum of five (5) people with a learning disability, either on a part
time or a full-time basis, to a maximum of thirty (36) hours per week. Hours worked shall be agreed
between the peer support worker and the Provider.
• Provide Peer Support training to enable individuals with a learning disability to gain experience and
confidence in the workplace and complement staffing in working with service users.
• Provide a focus on achieving potential longer-term employment opportunities and unsupported work
for people trained on the peer support scheme.
Part B: Befriending Activities
• Provide a range of befriending evening and weekend activities that encourage people with learning
disabilities to be active within the local community and are developed according to agreed outcomes
of the service users.
• Empower adults with a learning disability to access sport, educational, vocational and leisure
opportunities to learn new skills or hobbies, support social interaction and community cohesion.
Part C: Capacity building
• In conjunction with other agencies/ volunteer bodies, the Provider shall build up a bank of volunteers
with the requisite skills and experience to support adults with a learning disability to access a variety
• Work collaboratively with local employers, HASS Community Locality Teams, local business and
other local voluntary sector organisations to develop employment opportunities for peer
Expression of interest window
From 01/03/2023 14:30 to 14/04/2023 12:00
New to ProContract?
If you are not currently registered on the ProContract procurement portal, you can complete a simple registration process by clicking the following link - Register free