Former Chicago Rock Café - Cultural Space Operator Partner
Main contract details
The London Borough of Sutton (LBS) owns the Chicago Rock Café site which sits vacant on the High Street.
LBS plans to partner with an operator to regenerate the vacant building (1,273 sqm) into an innovative cultural hub. The Project has support from the MHCLG Future High Streets Fund and will be the first of a series of strategic projects along Sutton High Street.
It is a fantastic opportunity to take on a large premises with direct ground floor access at a prominent location on Sutton High Street. You will bring this space back to life as part of the reimagining of the High Street and contribute to the social value and sustainability ambitions of the Council. We are keen to hear
from operators who can:
- Undertake innovative refurbishment of the shell and core premises that demonstrates sustainability and allows flexibility
- Demonstrates track record of working with the local community and delivering social value outcomes
- Willing to form partnerships and adapt to create a viable business model in the long term
The London Borough of Sutton would like to gain an insight from the market on the project, particularly relating to the construction delivery, viability and potential partnership structure. The Council is therefore inviting all providers to participate in this soft market testing exercise to refine the scheme for this commission. The Council will then use the information gathered during this soft market testing exercise to inform the final project brief and Invitation To Tender.
In particular, would welcome your comments on:
1. The proposed uses, considering how do you feel COVID-19 has / will change cultural spaces
2. The viability of the project:
a. Construction budget of £1.4 m
b. Your investment appetite
c. Rental levels to the Council
d. Partnership arrangement
3. How could we best deliver the construction project
4. Tell us a bit about yourselves and your outline vision for the property
More information can be found in attachments.
Please use messages to respond by 23/4/21 @ 12:00
Expression of interest window
From 01/04/2021 14:00 to 23/04/2021 12:00