613/2020 - Children With Disabilities Family Support Services
Main contract details
The Council invites organisations to submit a tender for the provision of Children With Disabilities Family Support Services.
Family support is an essential preventative service which offers early advice, support and intervention for families with a child or young person who has a diagnosis of a disability.
Family support services will enable the Local Authority to fulfil their duty under the Children and Families Act 2014 in particular the requirement for Local Authorities to provide access for families to information, advice and support services.
Specific autism support is also available to families who have a child or young person with a diagnosis of autism. The support offered provides tailored interventions and strategies to assist the family with managing behavioural needs as well as access to parenting courses whist the child/young person accesses social skill groups.
Support to families whose children have been diagnosed with a disability is important particularly when providing early support to help understand the nature of their child’s condition, information and support in relation to their child’s diagnosis and assistance with next steps in particular navigating through systems and processes.
The service will be available to all Parents & Carers of CYP with a Special Educational Need or Disability, aged 0-25, living in the London Borough of Croydon.
The Council will seek to award a contract in the form of separate lots.
Lot One - a single supplier to deliver Family Support for parents/carers
Lot Two - a single supplier to deliver Family Support for children with autism.
Providers may bid for one or both lots and may collaborate to make a joint bids for one or more lot.
The Council intends to establish a contract for two years with an option to extend for a further one year (2+1). .
This procurement is to establish a contract in the form of separate lots with providers who are experienced and qualified in the delivery of Family Support Services. Tenderers can apply by completing the documents via the London Tenders Portal.
The anticipated contract start date will be no later than the 1st April 2021.
The Council is orientating this as an Open procurement procedure under the Light Touch Regime in accordance with PCR 2015. The Council does not hold itself bound by the Regulations except to the extent that they apply to the light touch regime as set out in Regulations 74 to 76 of the Regulations.
The Council requires the successful Service Providers to comply with the London Living Wage.
All potential suppliers are advised to read the supporting documents listed on the London Tenders portal, prior to responding to the invitation to tender.
- The deadline for returning your tender is: 12:00:00 noon on 27th January 2021
- The completed tenders may be submitted any time before the closing deadline.
- Late applications will not be accepted
- We reserve the right to make this contract available to partners and other public sector and/or voluntary organisations.
- In keeping with Croydon’s commitment to sustainability, please DO NOT include any publicity material with your submissions.
- Croydon Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups. In addition the council actively seeks to use small to medium enterprises (SME) as part of its sustainability policy.
- Please include the contract number of this process when communicating with the Council.
- Please direct any communication about this procurement via the www.londontenders.org portal.
- Please be aware that TUPE may apply to this contract
- The Council reserves the right to hold clarification interviews/site visits with leading bidders.
Expression of interest window
From 08/12/2020 12:30 to 27/01/2021 12:00