Architect Design Services (ADS1.1) Framework
Main contract details
This partnership between LHC and Southwark Council seeks to appoint up to 20 of the very best established and emerging, architect practices with diverse leadership and employees.
The proposal is to use both this new framework and our original ADS1 framework (Contract Notice 2020/S 101-245136) as one enhanced solution that together offers a representative and comprehensive panel of architects who come with a range of ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and experience that reflects Southwark and the wider London demographic.
Southwark is committed to come together to tackle ingrained structural inequality and bring about real and positive change in its borough. The importance of effective engagement with young people and the community as a whole is recognised in designing and creating good public spaces, commercial, educational and residential spaces. It is important to empower different groups so that spaces can be used effectively by all and as places to bring people together. We seek practices who understand this and who live and breathe diversity & inclusion in their organisation, which in turn will influence how they design and deliver their schemes.
This opportunity is open to any qualified architect practice, however given the project’s aims and objectives, we are particularly encouraging applications from qualified practices who come with:-
- A diverse leadership
- Employee model that represents the diversity of London
- Lived experience of disadvantaged communities
- A background of having overcome adversity or disadvantage either as a result of protected characteristics or another reason
- Success in bringing under-privileged and BAME architects/interns through their business (ie. sponsorship and paid work)
- A well established and demonstrable equality, diversity & inclusion approach in how they run their business and how they design their schemes
- The ability to relate to under-represented and hard-to-reach communities
- The ability to reach out to young people in disadvantaged communities, such that young people look up to them as inspirational role models they can relate to.
Expression of interest window
From 07/12/2020 09:00 to 25/01/2021 12:00