920/21 - Children Looked After: Personal Education Plans (PEPs) and Education Tracking & Monitoring
Main contract details
The Council invites organisations to submit a tender for the provision of Children Looked After: Personal Education Plans (PEPs) and Education Tracking & Monitoring service.
The Council has a statutory responsibility to support and improve the education outcomes of our Children Looked After (CLA) and close the emerging attainment gaps with their peers. These Council’s Virtual School service undertakes these responsibilities.
Local Authorities are required to monitor the outcomes (which include the attendance at school and college) of our Children Looked After (CLA); and also to conduct, and coordinate in partnership with schools regular reviews of CLA’s ‘Personal Education Plan’ (PEP).
The service will offer an integrated single solution covering both PEPs and Education monitoring and tracking of CLA that will enable the local authority to ensure its Children Looked After (CLA) are supported and monitored to achieve their educational outcomes and achievement.
The full scope of the contract requirements are provided in the Service Specification, which forms part of the Tender Documents.
The Contract, shall be for a period of 3 (three) years with an option to extend for a further period of 12 months (4 years) at the Council’s sole discretion.
The anticipated contract start date will be no later than the 1st September 2021.
This procurement falls within the “light touch regime” applicable to the procurement of contracts for social and other specific services, as set out in Regulations 74 to 76 of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 (Regulations). The Council is orientating this procurement towards an adapted open procedure as described in Regulation 27 of the Regulations but using a “light touch” approach. The Council does not hold itself bound by the Regulations except to the extent that they apply to the light touch regime as set out in Regulations 74 to 76 of the Regulations.;
Tenderers can apply by completing the documents via the London Tenders Portal.
The Council requires the successful Service Providers to comply with the London Living Wage.
All potential suppliers are advised to read the supporting documents listed on the London Tenders portal, prior to responding to the invitation to tender.
How to register your interest
If you wish to register an interest in this contract, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company on the London Tenders Portal free of charge via the link below: https://www.londontenders.org/procontract/supplier.nsf/frm_home?openForm.
- Await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password
- Use your username and password to log into the London Tenders Portal and register your interest in the relevant contract: 920/21 Children Looked After: Personal Education Plans (PEPs) and Education Tracking & Monitoring service.
- Shortly after you have registered your interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the tender documentation.
- The deadline for returning your tender is: 12:00:00 noon on 16th April 2021
- The completed tenders may be submitted any time before the closing deadline.
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Additional information
- We reserve the right to make this contract available to partners and other public sector and/or voluntary organisations.
- In keeping with Croydon’s commitment to sustainability, please DO NOT include any publicity material with your submissions.
- Croydon Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups. In addition the council actively seeks to use small to medium enterprises (SME) as part of its sustainability policy.
- Please include the contract number of this process when communicating with the Council.
- Please direct any communication about this procurement via the www.londontenders.org portal.
- Please be aware that TUPE may apply to this contract
- The Council reserves the right to hold clarification interviews/site visits with leading bidders.
Expression of interest window
From 08/03/2021 00:00 to 16/04/2021 12:00