Oxford Town Hall Catering Prior Information Notice (PIN)
Main contract details
Oxford Town Hall is a venue owned and managed by Oxford City Council and it sits in the heart of the city of Oxford and has a team of around 50 people who work in the building. The history of the Town Hall makes it unique within the city and it has the following USP’s:
• Size and space: With a capacity for over 700 delegates, we are one of the largest venues in the city centre.
• Historic landmark: Built over 120 years ago and the original use continues today. We are a well-known landmark in the city & a Grade II* listed building.
• Flexibility: With 3 function rooms and 10 meeting rooms, we can provide a combination of rooms to suit the client. Unlike university buildings, we're not limited by term times, lectures or examinations, for example.
• Quality: An inimitable competitive advantage of a historic grade II* listed building, offering a quality venue but at flexible, affordable prices.
• Social Event Venue: Due to our capacity, we are a well-known social event venue, hosting beer festivals, vintage fairs, popular and classical concerts and more...
• Community: We give away around £133,000 of venue hire for free to local community groups to support their work and increase the impact within their community.
This exercise is being conducted in order to allow Oxford City Council to understand more about the catering market and to allow the market to understand our current situation and the potential opportunities it provides. This is all with a view to shaping our future requirements and potentially formulating a tender that may be advertised later in 2021.
By expressing an interest in this opportunity you will gain access to a document that explains a bit about the Oxford Town Hall, the historical service and some aspirations for the future. The document also invites you to consider some questions and gives you the opportunity to show interest in meeting the Commercial Manager and their team.
This exercise does not constitute a call for competition to procure any services, supplies or works for Oxford City Council.
Expression of interest window
From 11/01/2021 17:00 to 08/02/2021 12:00