LH (561891) - Opportunity for a provider to work with Durham County Council for a Bespoke Children's...
Main contract details
Current Placement: Unregulated Property supported by Major Care
Geographical location required: Any, preference Sunderland Area – not within Northumbria police area owed to bail
Needs and presentation:
X is a 15 year old boy with brown hair. X is very tall for his age as he is 6ft 1. X has pride in the way he dresses,he loves his designer tracksuits and likes his hair to be perfect. X always carries his man bag on him with his phone inside. X spends most of his time out with his friends when he is not at school, these are long standing friendships and are important to X. X has suffered a lot of trauma in his life and struggles to verbalise his feelings, he can be verbally abusive to people when he is feeling angry, however when X is calm, he is a polite, laid back young boy with a good sense of humour. X can also get upset and quite tearful when feeling emotions of anger. X was interested in starting Thai Boxing to do something active that he enjoys, however he has changed his mind and is no longer interested.
• Can not reside within areas covered by Northumbria Police owed to bail conditions
• Would prefer to be close to Sunderland owed to the majority of his social network residing there.
• Understands risk, can keep himself safe and know who to contact in an emergency
• Can use public transport effectively and knows how to read timetables
• Support to encourage life skills would be required; cooking, budgeting .
• Referral to Durham Works has been made for support in finding education, employment and training. Support may be required in ensuring he attends.
• He can be respectful to people and listens when spoken to. Some encouragement may be required to get him to engage fully, depending on his feelings and energy levels.
Expression of interest window
From 11/08/2023 00:00 to 10/11/2023 00:00